How to Sell a Car at a Dealership
Whether you’re ready to trade your old car for something new or you’ve inherited a loved one’s vehicle that you don’t need, it’s handy to know how to sell a car at a dealership in Parkersburg. McClinton Chevrolet can help. No matter your reason for selling a car at a dealership, you’ll walk away with either cash or credit that you can put towards a new or used car at our dealership. Find out how to sell a car at a dealership below.
Benefits of Selling Your Car to a Dealership
Selling a vehicle to a dealership offers multiple benefits that you won’t get it you sell your vehicle on your own. They include:
- Save Time and Avoid Hassles: Fielding potential buyers for a used car can be time-consuming, inconvenient, and even a little unnerving. Avoid all that when you sell your car to a Parkersburg dealership.
- Lower Your New Car Price: You can easily apply the amount you make from the old car to another vehicle without transferring any money.
- Save on Your Taxes: When you trade in your current vehicle and purchase another vehicle from McClinton Chevrolet, you only pay the sales tax on the difference between the trade-in value and the cost of your new car.
How Does Selling Your Car to a Dealership Work?
Selling a car to a Ripley dealership is an easy process. Here are some steps to help you get more money for your inherited vehicle:
- Clean Up the Car: A detailed, clean car with touches like new windshield wipers and floor mats will bring more cash than one in need of cleaning.
- Write Down the Benefits Of Your Car: Bring maintenance records, especially if you or your loved one stayed current on regular maintenance. If the car has any aftermarket accessories, especially genuine OEM accessories, make sure we know about them. They can increase your car’s value.
- Bring the Car’s Title: Save time on getting paid for the car when you bring the title with you.
- Research the Car’s Value: Tools from Cars.com, Kelley Blue Book can tell you how much dealers in the Ripley area have paid for cars similar to yours. Take a few minutes to use our value your trade tool to get an estimate of what your vehicle might be worth. You can use this number to negotiate your price.
- Pick Your Dealership Wisely: If you have a newer, gently used vehicle then most Marietta dealerships will buy it regardless of their inventory or the car’s initial condition. However, if you have an older model car, then you may find it’s easier to sell it at a used car dealership instead.
What to Expect When You Sell a Car at a Dealership
Selling your car at a dealership is quicker and easier than many Marietta drivers expect. Here’s what will happen:
- Make an Appointment: While walk-ins are welcome, the process will usually be faster if you make an appointment in advance. That way, we can have the proper staff and paperwork ready for you.
- Get Information About the Car: Either our used car manager or a salesperson will work with you to collect information about the car, run a vehicle history on it, and inspect it.
- Negotiations: At this point, we’ll make you an offer. You’re welcome to negotiate if you anticipated a larger offer. This is where your research can come in handy. You’re also welcome to leave the offer on the table without obligation.
Sell Your Car to McClinton Chevrolet
At McClinton Chevrolet we’d love to buy your car! We make it easy and will treat you with the utmost respect throughout the process, no matter why you’re selling a car. Contact us to make an appointment, and we’ll be ready to help you make money from your unwanted vehicle.